Soon after casting on, I realized this would be a quick knit. I enjoyed the process so much that had the pullover completed within two weeks. I proudly wore it on my birthday. Hope I can to knit me a birthday gift every year to come!
Chart and written instructions are included for the cabled yoke. I have knit cables on just a few occasions and had no issues with the ones for this project. Short rows are worked to raise the back of the sweater. There is not any waist shaping.
- Liberty Pullover by Nora Gaughan; one of four designs of “Modern Daily Knitting Field Guide No. 9“
- 9 skeins of worsted weight Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in 26309 Indigo Heather (color captured accurately on second and fourth picture).
- Knitters Pride Symfonie Dreamz Circular US 7 for body and US 5 for neck, body and sleeves ribbing
- DPN for cables
- Omitted bobbles on the yoke section
- Bind offs: 1×1 tubular bind off for the neck and 2×2 sewn bind off for body and sleeves
I love, love how this pullover turned out and would recommend the pattern to any knitter without hesitation.
1 thought on “Birthday knit”
[…] just completed the “Liberty Tree Pullover” design from this book, I can definitely recommend adding Revolution to any knitter’s […]